Level 2 (+ 20mm seat height) RRP/Tractive Rear Suspension Upgrade
Suitable for BMW G310GS only 2017-onwards.
Tractive shocks are based on 4616 system, meaning a piston diameter of 46 mm and a piston rod of 16mm. Dimensions that guarantee a perfect balance between performance, endurance and adjustability.
It can be fitted with no other modifications to the bike being required, and offers several improvements over the OEM shock.
These Shock Absorbers have been tested in Rallye conditions.
The new design of Tractive shock body allows for the fitment of their Hydraulic Preload Adjuster RRP 844
It will allow the preload to be adjusted by up to 10mm with the simple turning of a knob on the remote adjuster, which adjusts the preload on the spring by means of hydraulic pressure.
It is a very simple, quick way to adjust the preload when carrying extra luggage, or a passenger, or going from street to off-road travelling.
No more hammering away at the OEM preload adjuster locknut, and struggling to turn it.
Simple to fit, and no maintenance required.
Supplied with all fixings.
Spring Rate Guidelines
|Rider weight (inc clothing and light luggage (15Kg)||Total up to 85Kgs = Softer Spring 110Nm|
|Rider weight (inc clothing and light luggage (15Kg)||Total 85-105Kgs = Standard Spring 120Nm|
|Rider weight (inc clothing and light luggage (15Kg)||Total 105-115kg = Harder Spring 130Nm|
|Rider weight (inc clothing and light luggage (15Kg)||Total 115kg upwards= Hardest Spring 140Nm|
They are supplied with the following features as standard:
1. Tractive Suspension's own PDS2 (Position Dependent Damping System) is incorporated into this high-spec body.Their unique design utilises a smaller,second piston spaced on top of the main body piston.Then, as the shock absorber stroke is reduced,under compression,the smaller PDS piston enters into its own housing,which gives an increased damping resistance,without overloading the shock mechanically,as the oil pressures involved are substancially lower than other PDS systems.
This ensures that under extreme compression,such as big jumps,whooped out tracks or heavily laden with luggage,the bottoming-out of the shock absorber is eliminated,and offers progressive damping all through the stroke.
3. High and Low-Speed compression adjustment,with MX-style slotted adjusters,for easy changes to settings using only a slotted screwdriver.
4. Rebound damping adjuster.
5. Tractive Suspension's own 120Nm rear spring is supplied as standard,but can be fitted with either 110N/mm, 120N/mm(standard),130N/mm or 140N/mm (hardest)depending on rider weight and motorcycle specification when ordering.
6. Tractive Suspension's own preload adjuster ring,in anodised aluminium,is drilled with 6mm holes,so that preload can be easily adjusted with only a 6mm bar ( tool supplied with shock in kit).
7. Full 2-year warranty on all parts.
Rally-Raid Products Ltd are the UK distrubutor for Tractive Suspension, and also their nominated Service Agent in the UK, with all neccesary tools and equipment to offer buyers a complete technical service and repair facility. This includes stocking all genuine Tractive Suspension shock absorber spare parts, along with their own design of vacuum pump, to enable the shock to be bled 100% when re-filling with oil.
Each shock absorber is dyno-tested for accurate performance before despatch at the Tractive Suspension factory.
Level 2 (plus25mm length) standard travel front fork kit
Front forks: Replacement internal components - longer, linear-wound Tractive spring(that replaces the OEM spring and eliminates the OEM steel spacer), available in 2 spring weights, 4,0Nm(standard) and 4,5Nm. In the case of rider & luggage over 120kg, please select the 4,5Nm spring. This is only a single fork spring, for the right leg, as this is the only leg that has damping inside it.
Preload Caps, with air bleed screws, and plastic preload washers, to set static sag correctly when first fitting kit. The preload caps have a maximum adjustment of 12mm preload that can be added to the fork springs easily with a few turns of the centre screw, ideal for changes to load, such as extra luggage or passenger .This unique upgrade kit for the BMW G310GS front forks improves the performance dramatically over the OEM parts.
This kit comes complete with 16mm spanner, spring retainer tool and pin spanner to tighten new preload caps.
The only other parts required is 1litre of good-quality 10w fork oil, available from most local motorcycle stores.
Tractive Pt. No. 46BM18-T5094