TUBED WHEEL KIT 2013 - 2018 CB500X NEXT - AVAILABLE 2021
Each upgrade kit consists of:
• Rear wheel: 17”x 3.50-36 spoke, powder-coated aluminium rim, heavy-duty stainless steel spokes and nickel-plated brass nipples (corrosion-free) fitted to our own CNC machined billet aluminium hub that accepts the OEM cush drive, rubbers and brake components.
• Front wheel: 17"x3,50-36 spoke, powder-coated aluminium rim, heavy-duty stainless steel spokes with nickel-plated brass nipples (corrosion-free) fitted to our own CNC machined billet aluminium hub & laser-cut disc spider that accepts the OEM brake components (including ABS where fitted).
NOTE: 2016-on models with ABS will require our modified ABS front disc ring RRP 501 (available separately), non-ABS bikes do not need this part.
Both our wheels use stainless steel heavy duty spokes and plated brass nipples.
Both front and rear hubs are manufactured from 6082T6 billet aluminium alloy, and black anodised for a durable finish.
Benefits of our wheel kit:
• Rear hub is designed to work with the OEM cush drive and rubbers.
• Our rear hub/rim is 36 spoke pattern, much stronger and resistant to flex.
• Hubs supplied with bearings & seals.
• Both front & rear hubs designed to work with OEM discs, rear ABS ring and OEM screws.
• High-tensile "Bulldog" spokes are 33% larger cross section, and consequently 60% stronger tensile strength than the OEM plated mild steel spokes, plus they are corrosion-proof.
• Nipples are nickel-plated brass, again, corrosion-proof, maintenance free.
The rim sizes are 17"x3,50 front and 17"x3,50 rear, 36 spoke hole pattern, and are available in either black or gold powder-coat.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO FIT THE OEM REAR TYRE 160/60-17 AS OUR REAR RIM IS SLIGHTLY NARROWER THAN OEM CAST WHEEL RIM, SO WE SUGGEST A 140/80-17 REAR TYRE, OR EVEN 130 OR 150 WIDTH.
PLEASE SELECT CORRECT COLOUR OPTION FROM DROP-DOWN BOX
We prefer the powder-coat rather than anodising for the reason it is more durable, less resistant to marking when riding off-road, or changing tyres. And also they can be "touched up" with paint, if required, if they do happen to get damaged.
We have used these wheels extensively ourselves in order to prove our design and strength on our CB500X Adventure wheel kits for 3 years with zero problems.
Fitting these spoked wheels is a quick and simple operation, and it does not affect the OEM seat height at all, perfect for those riders that wish to maintain the low seat ease of the CB500X & F.
Retains the use of the OEM front fender, and can be used with stock suspension, or our Level 1 or Level 1b Suspension Kits.
DO NOT USE ACID, OR ALKALI-BASED WHEEL CLEANERS TO REMOVE DIRT AND BRAKE DUST, AS THESE CAN CORRODE AND REMOVE THE POWDER-COATING AND TARNISH THE STAINLESS-STEEL AND NICKEL-PLATED BRASS NIPPLES. USE A PH-NUETRAL CLEANER, OR SOAP AND WATER.